mylifethroughabook

Nicole Williams
Revived
Cat Patrick

Angel Evolution: Book One of the Evolution Trilogy

Angel Evolution - David Estes Okay. Let’s start by explaining the star ratings. I couldn’t give Angel Evolution four stars along with some books I love to death, but three stars doesn’t feel like enough to me, so I would say you ignore the stars and just read the review. I tend to be contradicting sometimes. Who cares? Just read it. Wink

Angel Evolution has a pretty different take on angels and demons from what I’m used to. And before you narrow your eyes at me, let me just tell you that different isn’t always bad. As a matter of fact, different is most of the time good. Like Taylor.

Taylor Kingston is set of on her first year of college along with her best friend Samantha, into her life of independence. Taylor is pretty… unique, both inside and out. She’s strong-minded, a little obsessed over being in control, and doesn’t see herself very clearly. She has a black snake with red eyes tattoo on one shoulder, wears quite a few rings, and is in desperate need to find a flour-leafed clover.

So what happens when a stranger –yet very good looking guy with a strange light around himself at that –walks up to her roams the grass for a second and hands her a four-leafed clover? She tears it apart. Destroys it. Pulls out leaf by leaf… You get the picture. See what I mean when I tell you she’s unique?

But now that you’ve seen this good looking guy with a light around himself, I have to make introductions. Meet Gabriel Knight, aka an Angel.

So Gabriel is an angel, and he’s on a mission. Find the world’s strongest weapon, seduce her –yes her –and bring her in to help the angels destroy all demons roaming the earth. A piece of cake, right? At least seducing her is. It’s not like he really did have to try, what girl wouldn’t fall for a good looking guy, with amazing eyes, who’s a complete gentleman. And who just happens to have wings behind his back and can fly you around campus, so you can sneak out together to secret places and make out? Who indeed! Taylor didn’t stand a chance, and neither did I.

Oh, but don’t fool yourself! I never said he was good. And here lays the problem. Is he good or is he not? What if I compare him to our next guest, Christopher, a demon? A demon who actually seems to be good, unlike Gabriel. Where do we stand now? Well, I’m going to tell you a secret. First I thought Gabriel was good, and then I thought he was bad. Then I thought he was good again, and then bad. And in the end… well, you’ll have to read to find out. Wink. I will tell you this, though, I am one happy girl… or sort of.

Angel Evolution is pretty original take on angels and demons, full of new superpowers and interesting tales. It has its own epic battle and warriors in shinny armors. It has love and friendship, betrayal and lies, and it will leave you wanting to know more.

Now it’s when I sit straighter and narrow my eyes at David, the author, and say: Why did you leave it like that? It’s not fair! And now I pout for extra effect.

So, yes, in case you’re wondering, we are left with a bit of a cliffhanger, or maybe not a bit, more like a huge cliffhanger (to me). This leads me to say that I’m looking forward to reading the next books in this trilogy and David Estes’ other works.

Angel Evolution is a good start and debut novel, it sets of an intriguing first glimpse into a tale you won’t want to miss.