mylifethroughabook

Eternal Eden
Nicole Williams
Revived
Cat Patrick

Awakened (Book One of the Guardian Legacy)

Awakened - Ednah Walters I’ve been staring at my computer screen for the past hour or so and trying to think of how to write this review. I’m not usually this blocked, but man I don’t know how to put everything I just read into words…

Awakened takes on quite a different side of the demons and guardians subject. What with the incredible abilities and what not, well… I found it rather intriguing, I really liked it. It took me a little while to really get into it, but then I was hooked, and boy was it hard to stop! I have this habit of not stopping until I’m finished with a book, but when in the middle of midterms that’s never a good idea, so stopping was pretty hard.

Awakened brings us the story of Lil. Lilith Falcon just turned sixteen and now she hears voices in her head. Could it be ghosts? Spirits? Lil?

As it happens we start the book to the surprise that Lil is hearing a voice inside her head and it’s scaring the hell out of her. Partly because well, who wouldn’t be freaked out hearing voices in their heads, right? And partly because it’s a rather nice voice, if you know what I mean *cough* and it’s asking for her help.

All there’s left to say is thank you to the author for providing me with an e-copy of this amazing book, and that I’m looking forward to reading the next one soon.
Should she agree to meet whoever –or whatever –is behind that voice? Should she wait for her grandfather to tell her the reason behind this weird occurrence? Either way she can’t get rid of the persistent voice, so she goes along with it.

Bran, Bran, Bran. What have you done to me, Bran! Bran Llyr is, at first, pretty… reserved, and also pretty perfect. He’s got the looks, alright? Perfect body, amazing green eyes, and let me tell you, the boy can talk. He can be a little bit persistent when he wants something, but also so very sweet! (Swoon) He’s a charmer and a protector, and he needs help. Help that only Lil can provide.

Despite everyone’s warning Lil feels the need to help him, she’s drawn to him and she can’t ignore it. But when secret after secret gets thrown her way, what will she do? Is she willing to find out the truth, even if it hurts? Does it mean she’s been living a lie all this time? And most importantly, why hasn’t anyone told her she was a Guardian before? Why yes, Lil is Guardian, and she has amazing abilities. Like manipulating the four elements, among other utterly cool things. But she’s not the only one, and they have a job to do: Kill demons.

Awakened really has it all. There’s suspense, action, a lot of ass kicking and romance. And while we are at it, let me just focus on the romance part a little bit longer.

Bran and Lil. How to phrase this? It was obvious, from minute one, where this all would lead, but the sheer sweetness and protection between the two of them got to me. I was swooning every time they were together (especially when Bran called Lil Sunshine, so sweet!), I grinned and smiled and aww’d at them so much! They really made a great team. I loved how it was never rushed between them, they took their time developing their relationship, but still, I have to scold at the author here for the torturous wait for that perfect moment. I admit it made it that much believable (and amazing), but I’m an anxious person and I couldn’t wait to see it happening, and I was dying to know how it would be, and well it kind of killed me. But just let me tell you this: so worth the wait! Bran’s a really good kisser.

Overall Awakened was a fascinating book, it didn’t have a single boring moment. If it wasn’t the exciting action scenes and endless suspense that had me on edge, it was the heartwarming romance and rather entertaining secondary characters that had me smiling and grinning all the time.